So the secret is out, I have a major sweet tooth (All 32) 🙂 Sweets are my soft spot and my goal has been to stay away from them for about 8wks. (at least while competing in my companies Biggest Loser Contest) Five weeks into this program I have to applaud myself for staying clear of all my cravings and the millions of temptations I come across each day at work.
I did give in a bit last week for my B-day and Mother’s Day, so this minor backsliding encouraged me to find healthy snacks that can satisfy my addiction.
Here are some tips from one of the Trainers at my Job, Allison.
- Go for dark chocolate…the darker the better but work your way up to the darker stuff (70% and higher)
- Make your own trail mix with dark chocolate covered almonds, walnuts, pecans, whatever you like except peanuts.
- Just do plain dark chocolate individual squares
- Melt some semi sweet baking chocolate and cover strawberries or any other kind of fruit. The bananas you can freeze and make popsicles (just do half bananas).
- You can also make your own chocolate bar with melting that and pouring it over some nuts. If you have to wait for the chocolate to harden in the fridge you are less likely to over indulge like with a fondue pot
- Freeze grapes and pop those in your mouth, they are refreshing and sweet.
- Do a bowl of fruit with a small amount of chocolate drizzle or balsamic drizzle
Let us know what you are snacking on.