Ladies, you know the saying,
“When you start something in your home, and the man loves it. It must be continued.”
So, in the words of my great-grandmother’s, “Don’t start something you can’t duplicate again and again.” 🙂 Well I set the bar high this week as far as dinner goes and the hubs is looking for a repeat.
Spicy Shrimp Sandwich w/ Chipotle Mayo (modified via)
Ingredients ~ Serves 4
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tbsp chili powder
- pam spray/olive oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp (about 60 shrimp) peeled and deveined
- Kraft chipotle mayo
- 1 large french roll
- 4-6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine cumin, garlic powder, salt and chilli powder in medium-sized bowl. Add shrimp (about 20 at a time) and coat with seasonings until all shrimp are seasoned.
- Place shrimp in skillet over medium heat. Cook until cooked through and pink, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Slice bread. Spread chipotle mayo on roll, add lettuce leaves to the bottom half. Place desired amount of shrimp on roll.
- Cut and serve.
Southwest Stuffed Peppers (modified via)
Ingredients ~ Serves 4
- 4 large green bell peppers (or red/yellow etc.)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 packet taco seasonings
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup low-fat Mexican four cheese blend
Preheat oven to 375*
- Spray a large frying pan with Pam cooking spray. Add ground turkey and brown (if there is excess grease, drain and return meat to the pan).
- Once meat is browned, combine taco seasonings, cumin and chilli powder. Add rinsed black beans and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- While mixture simmers, remove tops of peppers and seeds. Place peppers in a small dish and set aside.
- When mixture seems dry, cut off the heat. Let stand about 3-5 minutes, then mix in cooked rice and add cheese. Stuff each pepper with meat/rice mixture until filled.
- Place peppers back in small dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle a little more cheese on top and bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until cheese has melted.
More recipes to come including whole wheat chocolate chip cookies that are yummy!