High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training, is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise.
HIIT Workout for Fat Loss – FitnessBlender.com’s At Home HIIT Workout
1. Efficient Super-efficient HIIT is the ideal workout for a busy schedule
2. Burn More Fat-Not only do you burn more calories during HIIT workouts, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body’s repair cycle into hyperdrive.
3. Healthier Heart- Most people aren’t used to pushing into the anaerobic zone (that lovely place where you can’t breathe and you feel like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest).
4. No Equipment Necessary-Running, biking, jump roping, and rowing all work great for HIIT, but you don’t need any equipment to get it done.
5. Lose Weight, Not Muscle- While steady state cardio seems to encourage muscle loss, studies show that both weight training and HIIT workouts allow dieters to preserve their hard-earned muscles while ensuring most of the weight lost comes from fat stores.
6. Increase Metabolism- HIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) by up to 450 percent during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. This is great news since HGH is not only responsible for increased caloric burn but also slows down the aging process.
7. Do It Anywhere- You can do it in a boat, you can do it with a goat.
8. Challenging- This is not a workout you can do while reading a magazine or chatting with your friend.
At Home High Intensity Interval Training – Cardio HIIT Workout with FitnessBlender.com
Let us know what you like to add to your HIIT routine.