So Co and I are embarking on the road of Sleep Training. For me this is my 2nd/3rd attempt. The 1st go round for me, Peyton was 1 and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. We went with the “Cry it Out” method and after the 3rd or 4th night it seemed to get better. Now that she is 2 (28 months) it seems to be a tad bit more difficult. This Diva can “Cry it Out” for a much longer time now. I have learned that schedules and routines are key with children and once they get off it may be harder to get them back on track.
Our nightly routine looks a bit like this: (will leave off times because that is something else we need to work on) 🙂
- Book (or some educational activity)
Lessons learned for child number 2:
- Teach them to self sooth early
- Stick to routine no mater where you are
- Let them sleep in their bed from day 1
Here are some additional tips that may help:
1) Read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child
2) Pick an approach and method that you are comfortable with
3) Be consistent and be strong
4) Have a support system
What are some methods that you have found to work?