October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Many of us all ready know about the monthly breast exams that we should perform on ourselves, but if you are like me I skip a few months or just wait till my yearly exam. So I am going to make it my goal to Feel Myself Up every month. Most of us use to have the breast exam hanging in our showers, but if you don’t below is a reminder.
Who gets breast cancer?
Anyone can get breast cancer. For example, did you know…
• the older a woman, the more likely she is to get breast cancer?
• young women can get breast cancer, even in their 20s?
• white women are more likely to get breast cancer than women of any other racial or ethnic group?
• African American women are more likely to die from breast cancer than white women?
• men can get breast cancer? Out of every one hundred cases of breast cancer, one will occur in a man.
Make sure you plan/schedule time out each month for a self breast exam.