It is Super Bowl Sunday!!! Some of you may have your party food ready to go but for those of us that will be cooking it up today here are a few healthy remixes.
I love spinach dip so check out this recipe
1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed
1 ½ cups plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
¼ cup chopped parsley
¼ TSP hot pepper sauce
1 TBS lemon juice
½ TSP salt
2 TBS minced scallion
Whole Wheat crackers for dipping (Ak-Mak or Kashi TLC, are best)
Drain the spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Chop finely. Combine the yogurt, dill, parsley, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the spinach and scallion until evenly blended. Serve at once or chill until serving time.
Can’t go wrong with wings…
- 24 chicken drummettes, skinned*
- 1/4 cup bottled cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Grasp the edge of the skin with a paper towel and pull it away from the drummette.
If you can’t find chicken drummettes,
- start with 12 chicken wings. Cut off the wing tips; discard or save for making stock. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces.
Here are some other great game day remixes for you to try:
Share with us some of your game day remixes. Have a great day and remember to eat in moderation..