Happy Monday!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Over the weekend we had our baby shower for P2. It was a great time with family and friends. Co’s post on Friday was a preview to my outfit for the festivities, so wanted to share with you my look and some pictures from the shower.
My hostesses did a great job with my theme and putting on a great intimate event. There’s nothing like Food, Fun, Friends and Family.
Peyton enjoyed all the Big Sister gifts and attention she received during the shower.
Thank you to my Family and Friends for your love and support. A huge thank you to my hostesses Candice, Karma, Kristen, Kristy and Stacey. (A Spr 04 Productions and Tri City Elegance collaboration)
Tomorrow is Elena’s baby shower for P2 and I put together this cute spring color block look. The theme of the shower is ‘Ready to Pop’ and the color scheme is teal and purple. So, why not have the guest of honor decked out in her colors. It’s a nice and subtle way to say, “This is my party!” 🙂
My favorite part of this look are the accessories. They give you that color block feel without having to step outside your comfort zone too much.
- Essential Maternity dress – if you’re a little self-conscious about wearing stripes during pregnancy opt for a solid color dress
- Belt – add your pop of color with a belt to be worn above the belly – to make the dress more of an empire waist feel
- Floral Blazer – just for photos! I know being preggo I go from hot to cold in a flash and plus it just completes the look
- Bubble necklace – add a pop of color with your necklace so when your jacket is off you’re still well put together
- Bangles – enough said! 🙂
- Classic Satchel – every women needs a satchel bag
- Ballet Flats – opt for a neutral color – if heels are still an option for you opt for a neutral color as well and go with a thicker heel or wedge for more support (depending on what stage of pregnancy you are in)
- Watch – mama must always be on time!
Have a blast this weekend Elena and update us with pictures!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
What is CrossFit
CrossFit is a strength and conditioning brand. CrossFit combines weightlifting, sprinting, and gymnastics. …. Wikipedia
CrossFit Workouts for women
Try This Intense Full-Body CrossFit Workout
I woke up with Fruit Salad on my mind. So I thought I would look up a few options.
2 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons good honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Seeds scraped from 1/2 vanilla bean, optional
1/2 orange, juiced
1 banana, sliced
1/2 pint fresh blueberries
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 bunch seedless green grapes, halvedDirectionsCombine the yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds in a bowl and set aside. Combine the orange juice and banana slices in a separate bowl. Add the berries and grapes and gently mix the fruit mixture together. Spoon the fruit into serving bowls and top with the yogurt.
Very Berry Fruit Salad
1 pint strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1 pint blueberries
1 pint raspberries
1 tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
Fresh mint, for garnishDirections
Place 6 glasses in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, combine the berries, vinegar and sugar. Stir gently. Cover securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Spoon the berries into the chilled glasses. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Fruit Salad on the go…
Triple Threat Fruit Smoothie
Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container peach yogurt
- In a blender, blend the kiwi, banana, blueberries, strawberries, ice, orange juice, and yogurt until smooth.
Share with us your favorite fruit salad recipe or topping.
Ruffles are so much fun! There are so many ways to incorporate them into wardrobe – from jackets to shoes. Not to mention the bright colors for the season allow you to liven up all your outfits.
- Ruffle Blazer – hotter than hot! Be careful when wearing ruffles on the top if you are a bit heavier on top.
- Ruffle Dresses – easy peezy – summer breezy!!
- Ruffle Sandals – a cute addition to the closet if you’re a bit skeptical of wearing ruffles anywhere else.
Have a great weekend! Hope the Spring is coming to you sooner than later!