So, I haven’t really done pregnancy updates but I’m coming into the home stretch and I thought I’d give a quick “this is how I’m feeling” post.
Cue current theme music:
Seriously, you can really just repeat Heavy Heavy over and over again and that’s how I feel. 🙂 It’s too be expected at this point in my pregnancy. Even though I’m feeling heavy these days I’m in no rush to go into labor. 🙂 Oh and the swelling has started too. Which is so much fun – hence the long dress.
36 weeks and some change!
Hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a Happy Monday!!!
I have a taste for some good stir-fry. Think I will try this recipe out today.
Makes: 4 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots, (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups snow peas, (6 ounces), stems and strings removed
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces, white and green parts divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and set aside. Juice the lemon and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate with tongs. Add mushrooms and carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add snow peas, scallion whites, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add scallion greens and the chicken and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Per serving: 225 calories; 6 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 63 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 3 g fiber; 448 mg sodium; 796 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (110% daily value), Vitamin C (60% dv), Potassium (23% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Share with us some of your favorite Stir-Fry Recipies
YAYAYAYA (insert hand clap)!!! I finally have married friend’s with children that live close to me. Go Me, it’s my birthday, Go Me… I digress!
So, clearly I’m excited for this Mother’s Day! I don’t expect to exchange gifts with my girls but just being in their presence and knowing that you have SUPPORT near by is such a great feeling and gift enough.
But if you are planning to exchange gifts with your girls here are some great ideas within budget to make your friends smile…
I’m all about the arm candy these days. Not too much but just enough can set off an outfit!
Do you exchange Mother’s Day gifts with your girlfriends or plan a pre-Mother’s Day celebration with your girlfriends, let us know what you do? Facebook and @FitFlyMamaNWR
Have a great weekend!
Hello All –
Just wanted to give a quick update! Elena delivered another healthy and happy baby girl on April 9th. She was 3 weeks early but nonetheless made her grand entrance in style at 5lbs 10 oz and 19 inches.
Such a cutie, looking like her big sister. Mom, Dad and big sister are all adjusting well to the new addition.
The warmer weather and longer days are all the motivation I need to get out do something. I love taking walks in the spring/summer not just for the exercise but it’s also the easiest way to put an active toddler to sleep. Something about playing in the dew of the night air and a nice warm bath that ensures a great night sleep. 🙂
When taking those walks/runs remove the drab winter workout clothes and reach for those bright shorts and neon tops.
I’m really enjoying the bright color headbands, what a great way to hold back those fly aways and edges. Please if you’re spending most of your time outdoors don’t forget the sports sunscreen and SPF face moisture.
Have fun this Spring/Summer with your workouts and let your clothes have fun too!