As I was reading 6 Reasons to Ditch the Gym and Exercise Outside on Active.com. I got to thinking of all the fun ways us moms can ditch the gym (and the kids can ditch the gym play area) and get moving outside.
- Walk/Bike to the park – mom & dad get some great exercise and the kids get some much-needed fresh air and playtime
- Walk/Hike the nearest trail – make it a nature walk – but don’t forget the bucket (for all your finds) and the bug spray
- Walk the local zoo – have you ever checked the mileage/acres – our local zoo covers approximately 35 acres
- Walk the Beach/Lake – this is the best during vacation – take the kids on a sea shell & star fish adventure at sunrise/sunset – you’re guaranteed to find other little treasures along the way so bring the camera
- Lawn/Deck/Patio yoga – this just might be the best idea I have :)… Put your fav yoga or workout DVD in your laptop and move the workout from the living room to outside… fresh air + sunrise/sunset = a stress free mama
- Pool Time – who says Marco/Polo and races are just for the kids… healthy competition never hurt anyone 🙂
With all this outdoor activities don’t forget the sunblock for the entire family.