Think I will try some pumpkin apple muffins today. Came across a few recipes will post to let you know which one I try and how it goes. Wish me luck!!! 🙂
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cups sugar (I used 1/2 cup instead)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Chopped apples, like Crunch Pak® apples
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking soda and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in apple.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
2 egg whites
4-5 tablespoons maple syrup (I used a maple/agave blend)
¾ cup canned pumpkin
¾ c. no sugar added applesauce
¼ c. plain greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners or use coconut oil to grease pan.
In a small bowl, combine all wet ingredients except for egg whites. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. In a standing mixer, with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites until foamy.
Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Fold in egg whites gently. Add diced apple and stir to combine. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan cups filling ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with pecans.
Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes or until golden.